Personal data refers to all types of personal information, sensitive personal information and privileged information. Personal information refers to “any information, whether or not recorded in any form, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can reasonably and/or directly be ascertained by the entity holding the information, or, when put together with other information, would directly and certainly identify an individual”.
What we do with the information we gather
To enable us to comply with our corporate policies in relation to data subjects as well as with the requirements under the Data Privacy Act, it is important that we collect, use, store and retain your personal data only as is reasonable and necessary for a declared and specific purpose stated in the pertinent consent forms.
In general, we are using your data for any of the following purposes;
- For internal record keeping;
- To improve our products, services, and customers’ relation;
- For you to have a better online shopping experience;
- For you to place an order and for us to identify and contact you, verify and confirm your order;
- For you to provide reviews in our products and services;
- For you to subscribe/unsubscribe to our e-newsletters;
- To generate statistical insights;
- To conduct research and analysis (through surveys or polls) in order to improve customer experience/satisfaction;
- To respond to specific complaints, inquiries, requests or to provide requested information;
- To provide customer care activities, monitor our quality and security, and provide services timely and efficiently; and,
- To notify and update you (through call, text or email) about our complimentary, commercial and promotional advertisements, loyalty and rewards offers, exclusive invites, discounts, surveys, and other direct marketing that we deemed relevant and beneficial to you based on your preference and interest initially provided to us or made aware of, with which you can opt-out anytime should you prefer not to receive these notifications.
And in general:
- To comply with Likha Creations’ obligations under law and as required by government organizations and/or agencies such as, but not limited to, the following: NPC, BIR, HDMF or Pag-IBIG, PhilHealth, SSS and so on;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements or obligations; and,
- To perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required under law or regulations.
How we collect, acquire or generate your data
We collect data when you:
- Fill-up our forms
- Encode your data in our applications
What we collect
We collect information to provide you with details and information regarding our product, services, and promotions. We process information also to respond to your enquiries or manage future interactive user function. The common type of data collected by Likha Creations from you, generally includes the following:
- Full Name
- Shipping Address
- E-mail Address
- Contact Information
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How we protect your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- We keep and protect your personal data using a secured server behind a firewall, deploying encryption on computing devices and physical security controls.
- We restrict access to your personal data only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your personal data with strict confidentiality.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign-off when finished using a shared computer.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
For you to fully enjoy your visit and browsing experience, only non-identifiable web traffic data are collected and analyzed, including:
- Your internet protocol (IP) address,
- The search terms you used,
- The pages and internal links accessed on our site,
- The date and time you visited the site, including frequency of visits,
- Your operating system, and
- Web browser type.
Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive cookies or you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive cookies. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of this website.
Who we share your personal data with?
As a general rule, we are not allowed to share your data to third party except in limited circumstances as listed below.
By giving your consent, you authorize Likha Creations to disclose your personal data to accredited/affiliated third parties or independent/non-affiliated third parties, whether local or foreign in any of the following circumstances:
- The use or disclosure is reasonably necessary, required or authorized by or under law (such as for criminal investigation, as requested by court of law).
This means we might provide your personal data to the following:
- Our affiliates, subsidiaries, partner companies, organizations, or agencies including their sub-contractors or prospective business partners that act as our service providers and contractors;
- Law enforcement and government agencies;
Likha Creations is very sensitive to privacy issues and it is especially careful in its communications with children. Likha Creations would never directly collect personal data from children without the parent's consent.
Personal data pertaining to children and collected from their parents is used by Likha Creations or other entities that provide technical fulfillment or other services to Likha Creations (for example, services intended to improve our services/web sites, and fulfilling requests or administering promotions). These personal data are not sold.
Meanwhile, we urge parents to regularly monitor and supervise their children's on-line activities.
Where and how long do we keep your personal data?
All data are preserved in accordance with the following retention standards:
- If the data subject has an existing contract and transaction with Likha Creations, the information will be retained all throughout the contract period and 10 years after its completion.
- If the data subject has no existing contract but has existing transaction with Likha Creations, the information will be retained during the transaction and 5 years after its fulfillment.
- If the data subject has no existing contract and transaction with Likha Creations, the information will be retained for a period of 2 years.
Personal data are stored in our facilities located in the Philippines and are retained in accordance with the above parameters, industry standards, laws and regulations, unless you request that your personal data be deleted from our systems, databases and hardcopies immediately. Once deleted, your personal data will no longer be searchable or included in anonymous searches and will be completely removed from all the storage location.
The Data Privacy Officer may, however, choose not to grant access or correct information based on the request following laws and regulations. He/she will give the individual a written notice that sets out the reason for the refusal.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Any action to a request for correction, erasure and/or objection to process your personal data as it appears in our records is subject to applicable laws and/or the DPA, its IRR and other issuances of NPC.